Friday 22 March 2013

40 days and 40 nights of a meat eater turned Pescatarian


   
For Lent this year as I do every year, I decided to give up chocolate; the horrible painful 40 days and 40 nights of restricting myself from, what I consider to be, a staple ingredient to a healthy balanced diet.


I went on a lovely/well needed and deserved trip to Devon with the boyfriend. It was perfect, perfect weather, perfect break, perfect walks, perfect food, simply perfect. We visited Exmouth, bought some mouth watering fudge in just about every flavour they offered, from Roly's Fudge, and finished off with fish and chips.


On the last day, after a long walk, we went for a Sunday Carvery at the local pub, The Fisherman’s Cot, an absolute gem in Bickleigh Village. The kind chef piled on an astonishing amount of meat on each of our plates. Somehow, we both managed to fit everything in, and finished our plates – which resulted in us needing a long nap afterwards.


This Sunday Roast left me baffled at how I managed to fit in all that meat, and made me think (outloud). ‘You know, I think giving up meat for lent would be soso difficult’. Lightbulb. There and then, I had said it, and once it was said I had to keep to it. I had decided to give up meat for lent – and the boyfriend agreed to do it with me. So together, us big meat eaters, are now, temporarily, Pescatarian.



This has been such a challenge, seeing as my family cannot quite grasp the concept of a meat-less meal.

It has resulted in us both trying out all sorts of different recipes, which has been exciting, I will post up some of the recipes we have tried and now love!


9 days left and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment